(from Koenigsegg Press Release) 2013 Agera R
The 2013 Agera R has all the features and functionalities of previous year models, but also features new and unique solutions to enhance performance and visual appearance even further.
Example of these enhancements are; Visible carbon area on the front bonnet and bumper, new front side winglets, revolutionary Aircore carbon fiber wheels, the new Aero exhaust, the increased power and the raised rpm limit.
Koenigsegg was the first Hypercar manufacturer to take steps toward green technology with the release of the biofuel CCXR in 2007. The Agera R, based on the highly competitive Agera, follows in the footsteps of the CCXR as it also runs on E85 biofuel.
Among many differences to the standard Agera, the Agera R has an upgraded fuel and engine management system with enough flow capacity to generate 1140 hp and 1200 nm of torque on E85 and E100 biofuel. As there is less energy content per given volume in these biofuels compared to normal petrol, the fuel-system has to manage a flow that is similar to a 2000hp petrol engine, which means that the Agera R’s return-less fuel system has the highest capacity of any car presently in production.
As the Agera R is a flexfuel car, it can also be run on normal petrol. As 95 octane fuel has less octane than E85, the power is reduced to 960hp with 1100nm of torque due to the boost pressure and ignition timing being altered to match the fuel characteristics.
In order to give the Agera R maximum flexibility when it comes to power delivery, Koenigsegg has implement the latest technology when it comes to turbo materials and design. This reduces the inertia of the turbine wheel and axle and therefore gives improved response.
Koenigsegg reinvents the wheel and presents 7 other exciting features
for the 2013 Agera range.
1. The 2013 Agera R features the world’s first hollow, one piece, super light carbon fiber wheel, using a proprietary method developed by Koenigsegg named Aircore™ Technology. The Aircore™ wheels save close to 20kg in unsprung mass, while providing great integrity and safety. The only metal part in the wheel is the tire valve – the rest is all once piece hollow carbon.
2. The Agera and the Agera R have the first production engines in the world to use nano-surfaced cylinder sleeves, from ANS, for reduced friction and fuel consumption.
3. New in-house developed engine management system, which provides added functionality whilst still meeting all OBD II regulations.
4. The rev limiter has been raised from 7250rpm to 7500rpm, raising power from 940 to 960hp on 98 Ron (93 din) fuel for the Agera and from 1115 to 1140hp for the Agera R on E85.
5. Koenigsegg reinstates its co-operation with Swedish shock manufacturer Öhlins Racing. Together they productionalized Koenigsegg´s unique Triplex suspension, that becomes standard on the 2013 Agera R.
6. KES (Koenigsegg Electronic Stability) is now standard on all Koenigsegg models.
7. A new, lighter rear exhaust section has been developed for the Agera R, which also improves the performance of the rear diffuser.
8. New front/side winglets for the Agera R provide 20kg more downforce at 250km/h, as well as reduced drag.
Innovative Car Configurator
The new configurator lets one choose any shade or color combination for the interior and exterior. As all Koenigsegg cars are made to order, allowing a high level of variation was the only feasible way of making the configurator true to life.
When a customer’s vehicle configuration is complete, they can then print a PDF brochure of their specific car, with color codes for both the exterior and interior. The configurator is available at www.koenigsegg.com.
– 0-300 km/h in 14.53 sec
– 300-0 km/h in 6.66 sec
– 0-200 mph in 17.68 sec
– 200-0 mph in 7.28 sec
– A top speed of approximately 440 km/h – 273 mph (yet to be verified) Data could be changed without further notice. If you have any doubt as to which Hypercar is most Hyper…
– 1.6 G – Maximum lateral force on normal road tires (dedicated Michelin SuperSport)
– 1.2 kg/hp – 2.6 pounds/hp
– The Agera is the only Roadster Hypercar with a detachable and stowable hardtop
– 120 litres of luggage space
– Available in left or right hand drive Koenigsegg Reinvents the Wheel